Friday, Sept. 19, 2014
- Tony Cruz got the game-winning hit in the 13th inning to give the Cardinals a 3-2 win over the Brewers Thursday night at Busch Stadium, keeping the Cardinals 2 1/2 games ahead of the Pirates and reducing their magic number for winning the NL Central to eight.
- The Cardinals open their final regular-season homestand of the year tonight against the Reds. John Lackey will pitch against David Holmberg while the Pirates are hosting Milwaukee for the first of three games.
- The Blues will be on the ice for their first official practice of the year today. Missing will be forward Jaden Schwartz, who is trying to reach terms on a new contract. The Blues play their first of seven pre-season games Sunday night at Columbus.
- Quarterback Maty Mauk leads the country with 12 passing touchdowns so far this season but will be looking for even more results as Missouri hosts Indiana on Saturday in Columbia.
- Rams quarterback Shaun Hill was limited for the third consecutive practice on Friday and was officially listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Cowboys, making it likely that Austin Davis will make his second career start.