SUNday, Dec. 8, 2013
- Tre Mason rushed for 304 yards on 46 carries and scored four touchdowns to lead Auburn to a 59-42 win over Missouri today in the SEC Championship game in Atlanta. Missouri could not stop Auburn's running game, giving up 545 yards on 74 carries in the game.
- Missouri will find out its bowl game destination officially on Sunday but the Tigers appear headed to either the Outback Bowl in Tampa, Fla., or the Capital One Bowl in Orlando, Fla., both on New York's Day. Each game would feature an opponent from the Big 10.
- The Blues got off to another rough start Saturday night, allowing three goals in the first eight minutes of the game, and lost 5-2 to the Anaheim Ducks Saturday night at Scottrade Center.
- The Rams are in Arizona to play the Cardinals in a division game today. Kickoff is at 3:25 p.m. St. Louis time. The Rams have gone 0-3 against NFC West opponents since beating the Cardinals in the opening game of the season.
- Missouri's basketball team improved to 9-0 on the season with an 80-71 win over 18th-ranked UCLA in Columbia. Jabari Brown scored 22 points, Jordan Clarkson 21 and Earnest Ross 20 for Missouri.
- Mike McCall Jr. hit a tip-in at the buzzer to give Saint Louis University a 67-65 win at Valparaiso (Ind.) Saturday night. The Billikens are now 8-2 on the season.