FRIday, Dec. 6, 2013
- Derek Roy scored one of three power-play goals by the Blues, two of which came in a three-goal flurry in a span of 7:57 in the second period, which powered the Blues to a 5-1 win over the New York Islanders Thursday night at Scottrade Center.
- The Blues, who are now 12-1-2 at home this season, will host the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday night.
- The MIssouri Tigers moved to 8-0 on the season with a 70-61 win over West Virginia Thursday night in Columbia. Jordan Clarkson led the Tigers with 25 points. Missouri will host UCLA on Saturday.
- Missouri's football team will leave Columbia for Atlanta today, where they will play Auburn on Saturday in the SEC Championship game. Kickoff is at 3 p.m. St. Louis time.
- Two former Cardinals reached agreements with new teams on Thursday. Reliever Edward Mujica agreed to a two-year contract with the Boston Red Sox while shortstop Rafael Furcal signed a one-year deal with the Miami Marlins.