Sunday, Sept. 21, 2014
- Tony Cruz hit one of three homers by the Cardinals, a three-run shot, as the magic number for clinching the NL Central dropped to five Saturday night with an 8-4 win over the Reds at Busch Stadium and the Pirates' 1-0 loss to the Brewers. Kolten Wong and Randal Grichuk hit the other home runs, the first time this season the Cardinals have hit three home runs in a game at home.
- The Cardinals will play the Reds again tonight in the final home game of the regular season before a six-game road trip to Chicago and Arizona. Lance Lynn will pitch against Alfredo Simon.
- Indiana scored a touchdown on a 3-yard run with 22 seconds left in the game, after converting a key fourth down play, to upset 18th-ranked Missouri 31-27 Saturday in Columbia. The winning score came after Missouri had gone ahead on a 40-yard field goal with 2:20 to play.
- Rams quarterback Shaun Hill was limited for the third consecutive practice on Friday and was officially listed as questionable for today's game against the Cowboys, making it likely that Austin Davis will make his second career start.
- The Blues will play their first pre-season game tonight in Columbus. Among the veterans not making the trip were T.J. Oshie, David Backes, Alexander Steen and newly-acquired Paul Stastny.